Dear Pomona Families,
It is with a great deal of enthusiasm that I welcome you to the 2015-2016 school year! Our custodians and maintenance staff have worked very hard repairing, shining and polishing in anticipation of everyone’s arrival. Teachers are busy getting their classrooms ready and are excited to meet their new learners during our Open House which will be held on July 30th.
As we enter the new school year there are several things you can do as parents to help us:
- Increase student attendance rates and reduce student tardiness
- Expand parental participation at all grade levels on the Pomona Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) and the School Accountability Committee (SAC)
- Ensure your child’s success in school by reviewing “Thursday Folders” that contain important school information
- Improve safety by exercising patience and caution in the school parking areas, crosswalks, bus loop, and street
- By volunteering your time to assist with crosswalk safety and classroom instruction
- By sending your child well-rested and prepared for school each day
Everyone at Pomona is committed to helping your child develop socially, emotionally, physically, and academically so that they can achieve at the highest possible level. With your support, Pomona will continue to grow and develop as a community of learners.