February 20, 2018
In Attendance: Melinda Uselman, Mrs. Larsen, Cynthia Brekhus, Jessica Roethel, Brenda Burton, Mrs. Fischer, Amanda Stacy, Cyndi Albers
Minutes taken by Amanda Stacy.
January minutes approved.
Treasury report approved. Received another City Market check, which was applied to the Technology Fund. Final Muffins for Moms total was $267.
Fire and Ice Assembly by Math and Science Center: It was exciting but many (most) of the students could not see. A lot of stuff took place on a table or even on the floor so kids in back could not see anything, and got antsy and distracted. Kids were not prepared to be an audience. Took too long to settle down. Talked over presenters. Can’t do 2 groups because we would be charged double. Need a platform or stage if we do this again.
Read-a-Thon: Stuffed envelopes as part of meeting. Discussed making a sign-up sheet for teachers to have PTO come present Read-a-Thon to students in their classes. Brenda volunteered to make posters to use during presentation. Ask Mrs. McKinley about having student council make posters to put up around school and also put something on the fence (cups) about reading.
Addendum: There will be an assembly on Friday afternoon (3/2) to present to the whole school at once. More hype and no need to visit classrooms.
Clusters: We have enough classes. Just need volunteers to help in classes.
Staff Appreciation: April 30-May 2. Kara Hotard and Cynthia Brekhus will help with this. (Kara signed up last year and we need to follow up with her to make sure she’s still on board.) Discussed possibly having massages available to the staff, maybe through Intellitec College or a local business. Mrs. Larsen requested we provide a meal Wednesday afternoon at 2:00 so more staff could have time to eat. Q’doba and Costa Vida were both brought up as possibilities. Need gluten-free and vegetarian options.
Family Picnic: Thursday, May 10. Need someone to be in charge of this. Amanda Stacy will make a sheet explaining responsibilities for this event, so we can get a volunteer at the next meeting (i.e. buy food, get grillers, coordinate kitchen use, assign side dishes, flyers for students’ folders, info for emails/Facebook/website, stickers for students’ shirts, coordinate with 5th grade carnival, coordinate with custodian, get volunteers for clean-up crew). Natalie Gehl and Jessica Roethel will have input because they have headed this up several times in years past.
Next Meeting: Monday, March 26.